I don't know how common sense has become so scarce these days. However, I will try to bring some back. Looking back on the past few years is where I will start. In 2019, my wife and I moved north. We did it to get away from the hustle and bustle of large cities. Then to retire in peace and quiet. Ever since, it has been nothing but.
I have read news stories and seen what politicians are saying about the ICE situation. Pete Stauber seems to have the best words. The mayor of Duluth, not so much. I will reiterate just what has happened.
Major fraud in the state of Minnesota, on a scale not seen in modern times. As a taxpayer, I am furious that this leader of Minnesota did nothing and more red flags than the Chinese embassy were flying. Billions of dollars gone, just gone. This triggered a federal response to investigate. Illegal migrants defrauding the taxpayers of Minnesota to the tune of billions. The governor, the attorney general, the Minneapolis mayor, and a congresswoman, and who knows who else, KNEW about it and did nothing. So, what happens? ICE come to deport the worst illegal criminals, and protesters want to protect the criminals, obstruct federal law enforcement. Getting in the way and putting themselves and others in harms way. So, consequences happen and the leaders just throw gasoline on the fire. To deflect from their, at the very LEAST, letting the fraud happen, and at the worst, complicit in the fraud. So, people died from their own idiocy, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. All they had to do was comply and work with ICE. But no, the leaders double-down and make the stupid do their bidding. The leaders are just as guilty as the illegals and fraudsters. The leaders pulled that trigger on each of the tragic deaths as if they held the guns themselves.
Where is the common sense? Why didn't the leaders obey federal law and work with the federal government? Because they were losing voters. And they don't want to be convicted of the very crimes they accuse others of doing. Karl Marx said "accuse your opposition of what YOU are doing."
I ask again. Where is the common sense? Common sense says stay out of the way and stay alive. Stupid is the opposite of common sense.